Friday 7 June 2013

My Review by Courtney Dyas

As I set off on the trip I felt cool it was me and you going to scouseland. I liked the sculpture "Chance Meeting" at Liverpool Lime Street station. The man in the sculpture Ken Dodd had a ticker called a tickling stick in his hand and he hung around with little men. I thought that it was cool. The plastic birds in the entrance to the walker by Patrick Murphy were gorgeous. In the Walker I liked the film piece called "Journey To The Lower World", it was different. Looking around the rest of the gallery I didn't like the bronze sculpture called "Homage to Sculpture" by Francesco Bertos. I did like some of the other traditional works like "When Did you Last see your Father" a painting by William Fredrick Yeam. I liked this because it had a story behind it about a father who had escaped from the Civil war and was being tracked down through his son.  I liked the dresses in the Mrs Tinni display at The Walker and this inspired me to try and make costumes. We bought a catalogue of all the dresses to look at later.


No comments:

Post a Comment