Tuesday 20 November 2012

My Review by Charlie Lawler

As I started the day I was looking forwards to seeing the Graffiti on the street. I thought that the leaves in the First Cut Exhibition by Manabu Hangai were amazing, complicted and unique. I liked the work by Claire Brewster in the exhibition, I found it natural and clever.
The work I liked the least was by Sarah Bridgland.
We went to see the David Shrigley exhibition at the Cornerhouse Gallery. The instructions on the wall said that you could take a nap but that you should not bang the gong too loud. I took part in the acting activity on the top floor of the exhibition.
I found the exhibition at once unique, inspirational and meaningless.

The First Cut exhibition in my opinion was the best because it had meaning behind it and was very well presented and crafted. The thing I didn't like in the exhibition was the interactive gallery. I thought it lost the artistic feel the rest of the gallery presented. My favourite part was the stuffed frogs in the human hous it was quirky and unique. "How are you Feeling" was a completly different branch of art from what we had toured in the morning. I thought that it was meaningless and quirky but a great example of what the term 'Art' can reach out to. I'd tell a person my age to go and see the first cut exhibition because it had more of an art feel and time and care was put into the pieces in the gallery. I'd also tell a younger person to go to The first cut exhibition because it is more approriate than  "How are you Feeling" and they will enjoy the interactive room.


No comments:

Post a Comment