Wednesday 14 November 2012

My Review by Richard H

I went on a trip to Manchester with Beth Barlow from Art Boot Camp. I was looking forwads to going on the train. Along the way to Manchester I looked out for things I think are art and took lots of photos. I learnt how to use an SLR camera along the way.
We went to the Manchester Gallery to see an Exhibition called "We face Forward". I looked at the work by Haroom Mirizas. I liked the electrical parts of it and that it was fiddley but didn't like the collage parts as I found them a bit boring. The animation by Piniag Dakar was made from clay and wood but I thought it was odd and had no real story.


 Looking around the rest of the gallery I decided that I like things I can relate to and can understand. I also like things which are a bit different. I liked the pieces of work which used different kinds of materials.

Thinking about the rest of the day I liked the graffiti art because I like fiddly things and it looked like the artist had had fun fiddling wit hthings. I found the black and white photography to be not as good because it doesn't catch my eye and so I don't spend time looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment