Wednesday 14 November 2012

My Review by Katie Johnson

I went to Manchester with the youth club to look at Art Galleries. On the train to the gallery I completed art activities.

We went to the Whitworth Art Gallery and I found the work by Abdotlaye Konate plain and boring.
 Abdoulaye Konaté
 I was inspired by some of the art to think about making some floor art or a rug. I looked at the Aphorism work by Labaina Himid. I like the idea of an aphorism as I collect sayings to use on my facebook page. For my art work I will get a saying from my facebook page.

 


My first impression of the Manchester Museum was that it was good but busy. I looked at the African masks and did a quick sketch of my favourite one.

I looked around the rest of the exhibition and found my favourite art work. It was an African dagger. If I was going to recommend an exhibition in the Manchester Museum I would reccomend the Live animals exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment