Friday 4 January 2013

A review by James Tombling

As I began the day I was looking forwards to seeing the art. Along the way to the gallery we came across the fountains in Picadilly gardens. I would class these as art. Also in picadilly and worth a look in the piece of public art shaped like a tree which was created in remembrance of those who died in the war.

 Picadilly gardens Water Feature in the Summer and as we Saw it in the winter.
On getting to the Manchester Art Gallery we saw the work by Chris Jones in the main entrance. I thought that it was a clever use of paper, a skillfull creation of a different thing to make.









The first exhibition we saw was at the Manchester Art Gallery. I liked this gallery because it had different types of art so you wern't just looking at one type of art.  My favourite piece was the motorbike by Chris Jones. I liked this because it was 3d. I did not like the seat art because it was a bit childish.

We then went to see the "How are you Feeling" exhibition at the Cornerhouse. I liked this gallery because I think it was art for my own age range because of the swearing and the nature of the art. My favourite piece was the braint bird becomes a nazi. I liked this because its a topic I enjoy and it was funny. I also like the drug addict gorilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment