Friday 4 January 2013

My Review by Emma Woodward

On coming into the Manchester Art Gallery we found the work by Chris Jones. It was called The Earl. I think that it is creative, Skillful, clever and colourful. This piece is based on the Elgin Marbles which are in the entrance at Manchester Art Gallery.
My first impression of the First Cut Exhibition was Wow. I think that making sculpture out of paper is unique, different, clever and beautiful. I was inspired to make a wood or flowers out of paper. I really liked the art work Called Stella Spire in Eagle Nebula by Andrew Singleton. The work I liked least was "As Above so below" by James Aldridge.





I liked The First Cut Exhibition because it was amazing what they did with paper and magazines. I was Fascinated by the artist, Chris Jones, who made a full sized motorbike out of magazines. It looked so realistic.

I found "How Are You Feeling" pointless. I didn't get what the art was about. I also found it a bit boring. It was random pictures on a wall following no pattern. The only thing that I liked was the mini acting activity which was quite fun.

I'd tell a person my age to go and see "First Cut" because I found it amazing that they could do lots of stuff out of paper and magazines. I'd tell a younger person to go and see the clore gallery at Manchester Art Gallery because it was interactive and you could play with stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment